Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Home Gardener

 

 

 



The joys of growing your own fresh produce far outweight the hectic supermarket line ups we have become accustomed to.

At christmas I visited my sister's cattle farm in Naracoorte (south east SA). Much to my delight but later envy, she had started her own vegetable patch. It was simply the most stunning thing I had laid eyes on since our departure from melbourne some 5 hours previous...
The size of the patch we decided would by far outgrow my tiny but homely dot of an apartment, which I now rented in Sydney!!!

Note: I will simply research inside plants to ease my jealousy of my sisters vast space for growing anything she wants!!!
My Pa would be very proud!

check out this recipe for Chicken & vegetable soup only seems fitting with this colder weather & fresh produce banter. Enjoy ;-)

Ps - picture is of my friend Sarah, who for the first time visited a real Farm and from what you can see it was thoroughly enjoyed, a second trip soon TBA....

Love amie x

Posted by Picasa

No comments: