Monday, June 14, 2010

pass curd

For something sweet on your lips, this passion fruit curd is a winter winner!
The passion fruit vine was my first garden responsibility at the tender age of 7. Dad generously allowed each of my sisters and I a strip of garden to design, plant and care for our very own little green patch. My patch was beside the old wood shed and facing north, which showered my little garden with afternoon warmth. Already established was my prized and beloved passion fruit vine. Dad had already set up a crawler for the mysterious vine to wind upwards and onwards. Later to Dads dismay, the tank above. My job was to water, weed and fill the remaining dirt with pretty little flowers, which would brighten this dull and grey area of our garden. I childishly chose plants, which were the most fun flowers; snapdragons and pansies.
This memory was provoked when my dear 'mother in law', Fay offered me some of her passion fruit curd she freshly made. 
The recipe is delicious when bundled up inside freshly made pancakes or with some freshly toasted brioche. 
'Mmm, delicious...'
Passion fruit curd 
Takes 15 minutes 
Makes 4-5 jars

the ingredients 
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
12 passion fruits (pulp only) 

a little love
Beat eggs in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
Combine beaten eggs with the remaining ingredients in a medium sized non-stick saucepan.
Cook, stirring constantly over a medium heat until mixture starts to thicken. 
Remove from heat, pour evenly into sterilised jars. Refrigerate until ready to use. 

love amie x


 

No comments: