Sunday, June 20, 2010

'ode' to the pink macaron

Shopping for a birthday present, it was my mothers 50th. I aimlessly wandered into the book section of Myer. A shower of macaron books lay ever so delicately ahead. Shades of pastels and polka dots shone bright, pulling teasingly on my sweet and girly Achilles heal - the macaron. The sweet macaron.


When did this perfect, petite French biscuit become so popular?


It made me feel a little sad, that the glamour and exquisiteness of the macaron had lost some sparkle for myself. Could it have 'had it's day' with all the overdone array of mediocrity's I had and was continuing to experience to date.

Had the delicate macaron fallen from grace?
Become so common, it now missed the elusive elegance that once made it so fabulous. From sharing company with 'creme brulee' to be more of a friend to the cute but common 'cupcake'. I still very much adore, but...
























love amie x

No comments: